Don’t miss our next beginners to 10 package for the Brooks 10k starting Weds 24th September
Signed up for the Brighton marathon – don’t miss the start of our training particularly if you are a beginner – 29th October
If you are already part of our running community, you will have seen all our pictures from our recent race at the Firle Half Marathon and 10k last weekend.
It was a fantastic day of incredible achievements from all. Over a third of our runners started as beginners, so huge congratulations to Suzy Curd on her first ever half marathon (and a huuugely hilly one!) and our first time 10k runners (or first for a while!) Amy, Kathryn, Penny and Sara who only joined us just a little over eight weeks ago.
And to Karen Napleton who was the third fastest female and Suzanne Ford who showed amazing grit and determination. So many runners to mention but you were all fab!
If you have been inspired by them, or run in Firle and are now looking for your next challenge – or just a race to help you maintain your newfound running mojo, here are our next upcoming dates for 2012 and beyond (the first date indicates the race date – some tbc as they are not released yet, and the second when training starts).
If you would like to join us, you can come to any session for £5 drop in or book a package of runs (currently only the Brooks 10k package is available for booking online and our annual membership – new prices will be released for remaining packages).
Please note, we will also be releasing two ‘performance’ events next season including an adventure race and a further trail race for those looking for something different.
* Oct 7th Rise Undercliff 8k for Women, training has started £5 drop in
(available as a relay of 2k for four runners)
* Nov 18th Brooks 10k, training starts Weds 26th Sept Book here
Dec 9th Mince Pie 10miles
* Feb 17th Brighton Half Marathon, training starts 29th October
* Feb 24th Tunbridge Wells Half Marathon, starts 29th October
* March 3, INTERNATIONAL Antalya Half Marathon, Turkey, training starts 5 November
* April 14th Brighton Marathon 24 week beginners training starts 29th October, beg-int 20 weeks starts 26th November, SOS ‘argh left it too late’ rescue starts 7th Jan
* April 21st BlueBell 10k and 10miles trail
* 24th June, North Devon Trail Half Marathon and Marathon