Injury can cause havoc with your training if you do not train safely and effectively. To help prevent this, incorporate strength and conditioning work into your regime. The session will feature exercises that will:
- Work on glute strength, proprioception and balance to get the glutes firing well and improve running performance.
- Help to balance out quad and hamstring muscles.
- Build strength in calves, glutes and thigh muscles. This will help reduce heel striking (stronger calves) and improve knee tracking.
- Increase strength in hip muscles to prevent hips dropping.
- Build up on core strength.
Don’t wait until injury has crept up on you – keep your body strong and conditioned so you can improve rather than rehabilitate. Full and half marathon runners, make sure you get some strength and training in before your mileage increases. New to running? Build up on your strength from the very beginning.
Location: Hove Promenade, bottom of Hove Street next to the lifeguard hut.
Coach: Kate 07702983744
Drop in £5